Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Review - Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth (HarperCollins, 2011)

HarperCollins

by Indigo, 11, Adelaide


Divergent is set in the future, it’s got some action and some romance.

This book was set it in a category for young adults but I’m only 11 and I found I was able to understand it and enjoy it. So I would recommend it for kids aged 11 years and up.

In this book, Tris is the main character and the book is about her challenging the authorities and finding out what is outside the city. I really liked the way the author wrote the book.  And the plot of the story was quite amazing. My favourite characters were probably Tris, Christina and Will. One thing that I found quite cool was that there were factions that represented different personalities.

If you like the Hunger Games series, Uglies or the Series of Unfortunate Events you will defiantly like these books. This book is sometimes violent with many significant characters dying so I would not recommend it for anyone under 10.

What is your favourite faction?  Mine’s Dauntless.

1 comment:

  1. I agree the book was great and I am not yet 11! I have read all 3 books at least twice each. The end of allegiant was sad to me. You get attached to tris

    ReplyDelete