Friday, November 15, 2013

Book Review - The Death-Defying Pepper Roux

 The Death-Defying Pepper Roux by Geraldine McCaughrean (Harper Collins, 2009)




Nicholas, 12, Durban, South Africa


The character I liked best was Pepper Roux.  He is hilarious and also gets into tonnes of trouble.  He also happens to be the main character.

The brief outline is basically about Pepper Roux.  Pepper is told by his aunt that he will die on his fourteenth birthday.  So he steals his father's ship and he sails away into the unknown.  As he carries on, he meets many different people as he changes his name and job several times.

I felt excited when I finished this book and I was confused when I completed this book.  I learned that you mustn't lie as the consequences are always dreadful.  I would recommend this book to people who like complicated books and to children of the ages 11 - 14 years old.





No comments:

Post a Comment